How the Bookies See it
- Winner: Arsenal 1/3, Draw 17/4, Ludogorets 8/1 - Ladbrokes
- Half Time/Full Time: Arsenal/Arsenal 20/23, Draw/Arsenal 19/5, Draw/Draw 8/1 - BetVictor
- Correct Score: Arsenal 2-0 11/2, Arsenal 2-1 15/2, Arsenal 1-0 7/1 - Sky Bet
- Ludogorets Razgrad have found things a little harder in their second season on the European stage. A 1-1 draw away to Swiss side FC Basel laid the groundwork for a positive campaign, but things soon turned sour when Paris Saint Germain recorded a 3-1 win in Razgrad. The Bulgarian champions were then hit for six at the Emirates as Arsenal thoroughly battered the visitors in a one-sided contest. On home soil, the Eagles are flying high and sit just behind title rivals Levski Sofia at the summit of the Bulgarian first division, with five wins from their last five games.
- Arsenal’s 18th straight season in the Champions League began in unconvincing fashion as the Gunners managed to grab a very lucky 1-1 draw away to perennial French champions Paris Saint Germain. The North London side improved dramatically to see off FC Basel at the Emirates and continued their run with a shellacking of Ludogorets as they netted eight unanswered goals in two games. Domestically, the Gunners are looking like true title contenders, even at this early stage in proceedings, and currently find themselves firmly rooted in the top four following a positive set of recent results.
Ludogorets Razgrad suffered their first real thrashing in Europe when they visited the Emirates, but have otherwise managed to keep score lines looking respectable. The Bulgarian outfit may be hoping for better luck on home soil, particularly with the added advantage of having the home support behind them. The Eagles successfully held Liverpool to a 2-2 draw at the Ludogorets Arena in 2014, a result that the home fans would certainly take in their upcoming fixture with Arsenal. A draw is priced at 5/1 with Betfred, while a shock win for the bottom side in Group A could be worth a punt at 10/1.
Arsenal fans may be hoping for another cricket score against the unfancied Bulgarians, but this game may not be as straight forward as it seems on paper. The Gunners will need to be at their very best to avoid a humiliating defeat to one of the competitions worst sides and continue their battle with PSG for top spot in the group. A 2-0 Arsenal win looks good value at 13/2 with William Hill, but don’t rule out a goal from the home side. An away win with both teams scoring is priced at 7/4 and could be worth considering as part of an accumulator. However, if you’re confident of Wenger’s men replicating their dominant display at the Emirates, a 6-0 win is available at odds of 66/1 with BetVictor.
- Sports.net’s top tip: Arsenal to win 2-0 - 13/2 with William Hill
*Please note that odds may fluctuate in the run-up to kick-off.