How the Bookies See it
- Winner: Tottenham 8/15, Draw 10/3, CSKA Moscow 6/1 - Bet365
- Correct Score: Tottenham 1-0 13/2, Tottenham 2-0 7/1, Draw 1-1 8/1 - BetVictor
- First Goalscorer: Harry Kane (TOT) 11/4, Vincent Janssen (TOT) 9/2, Son Heung-Min (TOT) 5/1 - Bet365
- Tottenham Hotspur have been massively underwhelming in this season’s Champions League. Their campaign got off to a mixed start following defeat at home to Monaco, a win away to CSKA and a stalemate with Bayer Leverkusen, leaving them with four points from a possible nine. Things got a lot worse for Spurs as they slipped to a 1-0 defeat to Leverkusen underneath the Wembley Arch, before a knockout blow in the form of a 2-1 loss to Monaco, a result that eliminated Mauricio Pochettino’s men before the final game of the group.
- CSKA Moscow have endured a similarly calamitous campaign on the European stage. Draws with Leverkusen and Monaco came either side of a narrow defeat to Tottenham, before a crushing loss at the Stade Louis II all but sent the Russian champions packing. A solitary point at home to Leverkusen on Matchday 5 wasn’t enough to save CSKA from exiting the competition before the new year.
Tottenham are yet to win at Wembley this season, a factor that has played a major part in their elimination from this season’s tournament. The best that the Spurs faithful can hope for now is a spot in the last 32 of the Europa League, a competition that has proved to be more of a hinderance for many of the continent’s top sides in recent years. To achieve this, Mauricio Pochettino’s men must secure at least a point to finish third in the group, an outcome that is priced at 1/8 with Sky Bet. A win for the home side is being offered at 8/15, while a win to nil looks more tempting at 31/20 with Boylesports. However, for those looking for slightly better odds, a Tottenham win in which Harry Kane finds the net first is available at a very tempting 4/1 with William Hill.
CSKA have a reputation for conceding in the Champions League. In fact, it has been more than a decade since first choice ‘keeper Igor Akinfeev last kept a clean sheet in Europe’s premier club competition, a run that stretches back 38 matches to a 0-0 draw with Tottenham’s North London rivals Arsenal. Don’t expect this run to end in this game, with a clean sheet for the away side priced at 11/2 with Bet365. If CSKA are to spring a surprise and claim their first and only win in this season’s competition, a victory with both teams finding the target is the more likely outcome - 11/1 with BetVictor.
- Sports.net’s top tip: Tottenham to win to nil - 31/20 with Boylesports
*Please note, odds may fluctuate.