Rumoured Celebrity Contestants
- Boris Becker is rumoured to have signed up for the 2017 series of I’m a Celebrity for a fee of around £500,000. The former world number one professional tennis player declared himself bankrupt in June of this year, so the generous fee would certainly come in handy. Rumour Reliability Rating: 4/5
- Aisleyne Horgan-Wallace entered the public eye as a Big Brother contestant in 2006, and has since forged a career as a model, actress and general media personality. Realty television stars often appear on several different shows, so maybe Aisleyne will spend some time in the jungle next month. Rumour Reliability Rating 3/5.
- Ben Cohen would be a popular choice to join the jungle camp, with the England rugby star already having embraced reality television of a sort by appearing on Strictly Come Dancing. Rumour Reliability Rating: 3/5.
- Charlotte Crosby is famous for her role in Geordie Shore, and although she has denied rumours about her entering the jungle, the possibility remains. Rumour Reliability Rating: 3/5.
- Craig Charles was in the jungle in 2014, but had to leave early after receiving sad news about the death of his brother. Charles was a popular contestant and viewers would love to see him involved again. Rumour Reliability Rating: 3/5.
- Honey G proved that talent show viewers are sometimes far too easily pleased when making a name for herself as a rapper in the 2016 series of the X Factor. She has since built upon that surprise popularity and is now rumoured to be on the list of contestants for I’m a Celebrity. Rumour Reliability Rating: 2/5.
- Katie Hopkins is an outspoken and much-disliked newspaper columnist who would be sure to stir up plenty of trouble in the jungle should she be given a second opportunity, following her first stint on the show a decade ago. Viewers would love to see her suffer in the trials, but that’s about all. Rumour Reliability Rating: We’d rather not think about it.
Rumours about who will appear in the upcoming series of I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! are always interesting, but it is just as predictably difficult to say which rumours are accurate and which are merely figments of journalistic imagination. Of the celebrities named above, we think that Boris Becker is perhaps the one who is most likely to enter the jungle, but only time will tell.
On a related topic, there is also speculation about whether or not Ant McPartlin will co-present as usual with Declan Donnelly. Ant and Dec have presented this show together since its launch, but Ant has recently been in rehab for an addiction to painkillers which developed after he underwent knee surgery in 2015. Some bookmakers have Caroline Flack installed as the likely replacement should Ant decide to skip this year’s show, but we doubt that the 41-year-old would want to miss his annual jungle outing, so his absence would surprise us quite a bit.
How reliable or otherwise the various rumours about the 2017 series of I’m a Celebrity turn out to be will be known in a few weeks’ time, but if we had to place a bet, it would be on Boris Becker appearing as a contestant.
*Please note, odds may fluctuate.